1. It isn’t being loved, but loving, that turns us right-side out and sets us on our feet.
2. Loving entitles us to nothing – except maybe disappointment and suffering. We have to love anyway.
3. Some things you just can’t fix, no matter how hard you try – because it isn’t yours to fix.
4. After our salvation, the greatest gift God gives us is our autonomy, our free will. That gift must be guarded in ourselves and respected in others.
5. Being happy is highly desirable, to be sure – but it’s hardship and suffering that cultivate sanctity within us… if we allow it.
6. Self-pity accomplishes absolutely nothing, and sabotages a lot of good.